Our goals are to attract and hire the best qualified candidates that support our business goals and to create a mutually beneficial relationship with employees.
Sensata proactively seeks candidates who meet the requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, past or current physical or mental disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All candidates must be able to legally work in the country and locality where the position exists.
For any position we offer, recruitment screening processes and inquiries focus on:
- Skills, including educational background
- Work history
- Aptitude and attitude
- Interest in Sensata and work situation
We try to select new employees who best represent our core values and ambitions, which include:
- Impeccable business ethics
- Respect for themselves, other people and colleagues
- A “customer first” attitude
- Willingness to participate in and contribute to teams
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
Sensata would like to ensure that all key conditions of employment are clear to new employees before they begin their service with us. The offer letter summarizes some main points, including:
- Employment status, job title, pay rate, start date, and introductory period.
- Specific or unique benefits or agreements
- Employee confirmation (signature)
- Clarification that the written offer supersedes any previous understandings or verbal offers
- Other information as needed
We communicate openings and encourage current employees to apply for open positions prior to hiring from outside. If a qualified internal candidate is not found, we encourage employees to refer people from the outside; people they know and believe would make productive Sensata employees.
Our Human Resources department is responsible for the overall process of job posting and internal job placements. Job openings are posted on the employee bulletin board and other media. Eligible employees who have the required skills, competencies, and qualifications can then apply.
After interviewing all candidates, internal and external, we determine if any candidate meets the requirements for the position and/or if further recruiting is needed.
So if you’re interested in Sensata, don’t wait—apply today.